Why Cryptos Will Not Replace Gold As A Store Of Value
– Gold versus Bitcoin: The pro-gold argument takes shape
– Why cryptocurrencies will not replace gold as a store of value
– Similarities between crypto and gold but that does not make them substitutes
– Gold remains a highly liquid market, cryptocurrencies continue to be fragmented and difficult to spend
– Bitcoin does not make it an effective hedge against stocks
– Gold coins and bars cannot be hacked and vaults are insured
This weekend saw bitcoin shoot up over $8,000 and Bloomberg covered how some preppers were turning to bitcoin over gold. Does this mean it’s all over for gold? Is it set to be supplanted as a safe haven by crypto currencies?
Hardly. People read such information and continue to believe that gold and cryptocurrencies are substitute assets. They are not. So why are they so often pitched against one another?
Bitcoin and its contemporaries clearly have a role to play, the volume of demand demonstrates this and the technology is powerful. But, that role is not as a replacement for gold as a store of value.
Risk Hedge sums it up saying:
“Despite what the crypto-evangelists will tell you, digital tokens will never and can never replace gold as your financial hedge.”
For your perusal, below are our most popular guides in 2017:
Please share our research with family, friends and colleagues who you think would benefit from being informed by it.