Here is my FOMC Preview
• At 7:00 AM ET, The Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) will release the results for the mortgage purchase applications index.
• At 8:30 AM, Retail sales for August will be released. The consensus is for a 1.0% increase in retail sales.
• At 10:00 AM, The September NAHB homebuilder survey. The consensus is for a reading of 78, unchanged from 78 in August. Any number above 50 indicates that more builders view sales conditions as good than poor.
• At 2:00 PM, FOMC Meeting Announcement. No change to policy is expected at this meeting.
• At 2:00 PM, FOMC Forecasts This will include the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) participants’ projections of the appropriate target federal funds rate along with the quarterly economic projections.
• At 2:30 PM, Fed Chair Jerome Powell holds a press briefing following the FOMC announcement.