• Schedule for Week of January 31, 2016
• At 8:30 AM ET, Personal Income and Outlays for December. The consensus is for a 0.3% increase in personal income, and for a 0.1% increase in personal spending. And for the Core PCE price index to increase 0.1%.
• At 10:00 AM, ISM Manufacturing Index for January. The consensus is for the ISM to be at 48.3, up from 48.2 in December.
• Also at 10:00 AM, Construction Spending for December. The consensus is for a 0.6% increase in construction spending.
• At 1:00 PM, Discussion, Fed Vice Chairman Stanley Fischer, Recent Monetary Policy, Council on Foreign Relations Event: C. Peter McColough Series on International Economics, New York, N.Y.
Oil prices were up over the last week with WTI futures at $33.29 per barrel and Brent at $35.56 per barrel. A year ago, WTI was at $45, and Brent was at $47 – so prices are down about 30% year-over-year.
Here is a graph from Gasbuddy.com for nationwide gasoline prices. Nationally prices are at $1.79 per gallon (down over $0.20 per gallon from a year ago).